The Gala of Hope
Join us in honoring LeGrande Serras with the Jeanne E. Walsh Beacon of Hope Award at The Hall of Springs in Saratoga on May 11, 2024
The Gala of Hope is the Capital Region American Cancer Society’s premiere black-tie event that brings together 500+ of our leading business professionals and philanthropists to make an impact in the fight against cancer.
This evening will feature a gourmet dinner by Mazzone Hospitality, live music from NY Players, exciting live auctions and more!
This year we will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary of the Gala of Hope and the over $5.7 million that has been raised since inception in 2005. The Gala of Hope is much more than a Gala. It is a night to recognize and thank our community that continues to come together to save lives in a big way and we hope you can join us for it!
- 6:00 pm – Doors open, cocktail hour begins inside tent
- 7:15 pm – Welcome remarks and dinner inside The Hall of Springs
- 8:00 pm – Program with live auction and award reception
- 9:00 pm – Dessert, live music & dancing with NY Players
- 11:00 pm – Event close
Celebrating our 2024 Honoree – LeGrande Serras
LeGrande has been a staple at the Gala of Hope for as long as anyone can remember. After nearly 20 years as our auctioneer, he has played a vital role in raising extraordinary funds during our events.
He tells us that he is proud to stand on our stage not only as an auctioneer but as an advocate in the fight against cancer. He knows the pain this disease can cause after losing his brother, sister & father to cancer.
However, LeGrande’s generosity is not limited to the fight against cancer, he has supported nearly every charity in the Capital Region and beyond. During his 50+ year career as an auctioneer, LeGrande has raised over $28 MILLION through 2,200 (and counting) philanthropic events in our community.
When we named the Beacon of Hope Award after Jeanne, she defined the future recipients as people who “walk the walk, open doors & open their heart.” When thinking of a perfect honoree to celebrate our 20th anniversary, LeGrande was a clear choice as he continues to be a Beacon of Hope, walking the walk, opening doors and his heart to our entire community.
Other Important Event Information:
- Attire: Black tie optional
- Valet: complimentary valet brought to you by Lia Auto will be available
- Silent Auction: Our silent auction will open up prior to the event. Make sure to have your phone number in the ticket system ahead to get early access to bidding!
- Currently, there are only sponsorships available for this event. Please contact us if you would like to be placed on the waitlist for tables & individual ticket sales.